Mission Statement: The Lee Hall Family believes in nurturing learners and leaders through supporting and respecting our students, ourselves, and our community. (Lee Hall Staff, September 2014)
Vision Statement: Our vision for Lee Hall is to engineer a safe, respectful, caring, and collaborative learning environment where everyone is actively engaged and prepared to become leaders, role models, and partners in our community. (Lee Hall Staff, August 2010)
School History: As one of the oldest schools in the city, Lee Hall Elementary has enjoyed a long and varied history of educating students in Newport News.
Construction began in 1953-54 to build a 22-room elementary school. However, due to problems in construction, the school opened with only half of its classrooms ready in November 1955. Dr. Wayne Lett, former NNPS superintendent, was one of the first students that year. The school was dedicated in 1956 and served grades one through seven.
Serving Lee Hall, Fort Eustis and the Naval Weapons Station, the school's enrollment grew, and 10 more rooms were added during the 1957-58 school year. At that time, the school served students in grades four to seven . However, due to the reorganization of schools and zones in 1974, Lee Hall served sixth and seventh grades only. As a result of this reorganization, in 1976 sixth- and seventh-grade students from the Richneck community were added to the student body. In 1980, Lee Hall returned to being an elementary school.
As the city's population moves north, Lee Hall continues to expand. A total of eight mobile classrooms were added between 1989 and 2001; in 1998, an addition was added to the wing near the cafeteria, which houses four classrooms and a conference room.